The Network Administrator is responsible for effective installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of network hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the district. This individual ensures that network hardware, software and related procedures meet or exceed organizational policy.
- HS Diploma Required
- Preferred Associates Degree in networking; may be substituted for years of experience in a related field
- Preferred CCNP/CCIE Certificate or equivalents
Special Knowledge / Skills:
• Knowledge of gigabit networking systems and technologies, Ethernet, setup and management of VLANs, WANs, LANs, multiple types of WAN/LAN switches, routers, VPNs, IPS, IDS, wireless systems, radius, 802.1x and firewalls and content filters.
- Working knowledge of Apple network protocols.
• Knowledge of Industry standards for structured cabling systems.
• Excellent telephone and communication skills.
• Ability to assess verbal computer concerns to provide technical support.
• A high priority on providing outstanding customer service and turnaround time.
• Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Highly knowledgeable of computer hardware, software applications, computer operating systems, and network operating systems.
• Highly proficient in keyboarding, computer use, and phone use.
• Knowledge of correct English usage, grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
• Excellent math and analytical skills.
• High ability to use computer and software to develop spreadsheets, update databases, and do word processing.
• Ability to use effective verbal and written communication skills to provide outstanding customer service.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced office environment, supporting many people at once.
• Ability to solve problems and handle situations diplomatically.
At least three years of experience in the educational environment preferred.
At least three years of network experience preferred.
Job Contact Information
|Title||Executive Director of Technology|
Everything posted on Miguel Guhlin's blogs/wikis are his personal opinion and do not necessarily represent the views of his employer(s) or its clients. Read Full Disclosure