This past week, I had the chance to attend the TCEA System Administrator session held in Austin, Texas. Here's a roundup of blog entries featuring my notes about the event:
- Training Your Staff to Be Education Friendly (Lori Gracey, TCEA)
- Better Systems Management with VMware (Bobby Robertson, Bryan ISD)
- Dell KACE (Temple ISD)
- Identity Crisis and Account Management (Miguel Guhlin, Virgil Kirk, East Central ISD)
- GAFE and Chromebooks (Jeff St. Andre, City View ISD) + Edward Doan's notes about STAAR
- Data Extractum! (ClassLink)
- Linux in Education (Jason Cannon) - On this one, I didn't take notes but quite a bit is in the slideshow.
- GoogleApps Management (GAM) - Brian Gray shared his resources with me, a must-have if you are using GoogleApps.
All of these were tremendously engaging presentations, well-organized. I observed some presentation approaches that were :
- In your Google slide, make every slide your "title slide" but then embed a link to a GoogleDoc with the details.
- Embed GoogleDocs in your slides so that folks can investigate
Everything posted on Miguel Guhlin's blogs/wikis are his personal opinion and do not necessarily represent the views of his employer(s) or its clients. Read Full Disclosure