Some of the duties for this position of Assistant Director of Technology and Network Specialist:
- Must be able to install computer hardware & software,
- diagnose & repair minor problems for Windows & Mac,
- diagnose and resolve issues with printers, phones, scanners, wireless access points, document cameras, smartboards, image Windows & Mac OS computers, diagnose and repair computer hardware problems.
- Work with stakeholders and users to determine programming needs, clarifying requests, translate user and systems requirements into functional technical specifications, and provide technical assistance.
- Oversee the installation, configure, maintain, and upgrade computers and peripherals, network cabling, and network peripherals throughout the district.
- Relocate computer hardware, peripherals, and equipment as needed.
- Provide technical assistance to users of computers, instructional equipment, and software.
- Install and configure application and operating system software and upgrades.
- Assist with the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of data communications circuits and equipment.
- Assist with the organization and distribution of technology-based material for classroom use.
Everything posted on Miguel Guhlin's blogs/wikis are his personal opinion and do not necessarily represent the views of his employer(s) or its clients. Read Full Disclosure