|Listen to the Interview Online | iTunes Link | Unauthorized MP3 Version for Download|
The conversation Vicki and I had so long ago (it sure seems that way now) was centered around a blog entry and article I wrote entitled, 7 Tips for Surviving Leadership in Transition. You can read the whole article for the details, but here are the tips again:
- Establish a baseline for improvement based on researched needs.
- Be transparent and visible about what you're doing to address the District's needs and tell everyone about it as much as possible
- Build infrastructure that will support instructional efforts, regardless of their source.
- Encourage leaders around you.
- Give all credit away to the people to whom it belongs--the ones doing the work.
- Connect to others outside and inside your District.
- Provide leadership with informational, short-n-sweet reports about what you're doing and how that aligns to the district's needs.
I hope you'll take some time to listen to the podcast and read the article, 7 Tips for Surviving Leadership in Transition.
BTW, a special shout out to @rabbihiller (check his web site) for letting me know it was posted!
Make Donations via PayPal below:
Everything posted on Miguel Guhlin's blogs/wikis are his personal opinion and do not necessarily represent the views of his employer(s) or its clients. Read Full Disclosure