Drinking from the Internet Firehose -
Description: What is content curation? It's a way of managing the firehose of information slamming into use from every device we own, from computer to smart phone. This workshop will introduce you to some of the ways you can better manage a world of content, not just online but offline as well. If you are always trying to keep track of web sites, bookmarks, information, then this session will help you get a handle on it all! Of course, you may have a tiger by the tail!
- Getting Started with Twitter for Your PLN
- Build Your PLN
- Six Steps to Self-Reliance
- Sharing Evernote Notebooks to Twitter, Facebook, and Edmodo
- Content Curation Information - This is an Evernote Notebook created around content curation and its use in education.
- A New Workflow - Zite/Flipboard/Twitter -> ReadItLater's Pocket -> Evernote
- Intro to Twitter and Building a Professional Learning Network (PLN)
- Creating a Twitter List to Better Follow Your PLN Members
- A Quick Intro to Social Networking Magic
- Content Curation Made Easy with Flipboard (iPad only)
- Evernote for education webinar from Ronald Toledo on Vimeo.
|For Your iPad|
Trying to do some of your curation via the browser on an iPad? You'll want to read this comparison of the best sharing iPad browsers!
- Reading Other's Curation (all no cost)
- Zite - A phenomenal app enabling you to read content from everywhere. I love that you can drop content into section topics, exposing you to content you didn't know existed about stuff you are interested in!
- Flipboard - This incredible app turns RSS feeds into beautiful magazines you can flip through easily.
Classroom Examples: A Blog Entry on Note-taking with Evernote
A List of Miguel's Top 20 EverNote Notebooks:
- BYOD/BYOT - https://www.evernote.com/pub/mguhlin/byod
- ContentCuration - https://www.evernote.com/pub/mguhlin/contentcuration
- Differentiation - https://www.evernote.com/pub/mguhlin/differentiationtech
- Digital Citizenship - https://www.evernote.com/pub/mguhlin/digitalcitizenshipcyberbullying
- Edmodo - https://www.evernote.com/pub/mguhlin/edmodo
- EdTech - https://www.evernote.com/pub/mguhlin/edtech
- eLearning - https://www.evernote.com/pub/mguhlin/elearning
- eReaders - https://www.evernote.com/pub/mguhlin/ereaders
- Flipped Classroom - https://www.evernote.com/pub/mguhlin/flippedclassroom
- GoogleApps - https://www.evernote.com/pub/mguhlin/googleapps
- InfoGraphics - https://www.evernote.com/pub/mguhlin/infographics
- iPad - https://www.evernote.com/pub/mguhlin/ipad
- PBL - https://www.evernote.com/pub/mguhlin/pbl
- Research - https://www.evernote.com/pub/mguhlin/research
- SAMR - https://www.evernote.com/pub/mguhlin/samr
- Teaching & Learning Strategies - https://www.evernote.com/pub/mguhlin/teachlearnstrategies
- Technology Management - https://www.evernote.com/pub/mguhlin/techmgmt
- Videos to Watch - https://www.evernote.com/pub/mguhlin/videos2watch
- Web 2.0 Tools - https://www.evernote.com/pub/mguhlin/web2tools
- Writing - https://www.evernote.com/pub/mguhlin/writing
Check out Miguel's Workshop Materials online at http://mglearns.wikispaces.com
Everything posted on Miguel Guhlin's blogs/wikis are his personal opinion and do not necessarily represent the views of his employer(s) or its clients. Read Full Disclosure