Here's the job description that was shared...looks like a great opportunity for someone!
Job Description for Director of Professional Development
Job Title: Director of Professional Development
Reports to: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
SUMMARY: Work with staff to provide training opportunities to TCEA members across the state and at the office in Austin. Work with the board liaison to schedule workshops and presentations for the annual Tots and Technology conference. Answer phone calls and email on a daily basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, develop the content for, and provide regular, ongoing professional development opportunities to TCEA members and non-members including (but not limited to):
- Face-to-face workshops
- Video conferences
- Online courses
- Convention sessions and workshops
- Verizon Thinkfinity trainings
- Area event sessions
- On-site personalized training for campuses and districts
- Oversee assigned professional development opportunities provided by TCEA with responsibilities including (but not limited to):
- Preparing articles and resources for TechEdge and TechNotes
- Providing needed information to Communications staff for professional development postcards and flyers
- Sending emails to professional development participants providing them with necessary information about each session
- Working with Events and Exhibits Coordinator to order food for each session as needed
- Providing professional development information to Executive Director to place on calendar
- Facilitating each session to ensure facilities and food are up to standard
- Providing all needed materials for professional development (certificates, sign-in sheets, evaluations, name badges, name tents, workshop supplies)
- Sending follow-up email to participants asking for input on professional development
- Ensuring that all policies and procedures relating to professional development are followed
- Oversee workshops and presentations for TCEA Tots and Technology Conference with responsibilities including (but not limited to):
- Ensuring that all policies and procedures relating to conference sessions are followed
- Working with staff to open Call for Participation for sessions as required by procedures
- Working with board liaison to schedule workshops and sessions for conference
- Sending acceptance and waiting list emails to all who proposed sessions
- Contacting all presenters who do not respond to emails to ensure they will be presenting their session
- Mailing formal letter and contract to each presenter; then following up to ensure that TCEA has a signed contract from every presenter
- Building grid for TCEA conference and providing it to Communication department when needed
- Ensuring presentations and workshops run smoothly at the conference
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum of five years’ experience as a district technology director or CTO in a 4A or 5A Texas school district
- Minimum of five years K-12 classroom teaching experience
- Professional development skills (both effective and engaging; based on best practices and the latest research into adult learning)
- Master’s and Bachelor’s degrees required
- Knowledge of and ability to train people in current educational and technological topics
- Previous experience training adult learners
- Overall knowledge of staff development and Texas TEKS
- Office/business skills
- Ability to provide needed information in a timely manner
- Basic knowledge of services available from this organization
- Familiar with organization policies and procedures
- Ability to make administrative decisions
- Ability to conduct limited travel
- Ability to work well with TCEA staff, board members, and members in general
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel, talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Salary Range: $55,000 - $70,000
Full health insurance with vision and dental for employee, paid vacation, and retirement program with generous matching.
Get Blog Updates via Email!
Everything posted on Miguel Guhlin's blogs/wikis are his personal opinion and do not necessarily represent the views of his employer(s) or its clients. Read Full Disclosure