|Adapted from http://fonehome.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/top100apps-300x300.jpg|
MakeUseOf.com has put out a list of their top 100 Android apps. This list, of course, made me revisit my list of Android apps, and wish I had time to revise my post about Education Apps for Android.
The MakeUseOf.com list, though, has a few "yuck" apps that I'm not sure I would have included. Rather than make a list of the bad apps, I'll just stick with my favorites off their list and add a few of my own...far short of the 100 they included!
- Automation and Widgets:
- Sanity - Automate your apps with Sanity.
- Communication, Navigation and Social Media
- Handcent - This is just a great txting app and I have no idea why it didn't even make the list!
- ChompSMS - a suitable alternative to Handcent but lacks the features that make Handcent great. (I donated to ChompSMS, though, since it's nice to have an alternative to your favorite app)
- VOIP and Chat
- Health and Fitness
- MyFitnessPal.com - Web site and app are just awesome! I highly recommend it for anyone minding their weight.
- APG - Wanting to do public key encryption on your mobile device? APG is the app for you. I haven't used it as much as I thought, but you never know.
- Barcode Scanner - My favorite barcode scanner for Android...simple and does the job.
- CatchNotes - Take notes with this app, sync them or share them. Replaces AK Notepad which tends to crash on my version of Android OS.
Let's see...30+ Android Apps.
Get Blog Updates via Email!
Everything posted on Miguel Guhlin's blogs/wikis are his personal opinion and do not necessarily represent the views of his employer(s) or its clients. Read Full Disclosure