About this Workshop
In this information-rich session guaranteed to cause migraines and make knees knock, participants will accomplish the setup of a Moodle instance--from scratch on their laptops--from scratch using XAMPP, learn how to customize a locally installed Moodle instance, and more.
One of the resources I'm going to work hard to add is videos on how to install Apache, MySQL/PHP on UbuntuLinux. Anyone aware of an easy guide to follow? Installing XAMPP on UbuntuLinux isn't that hard, but....
This session will explore, in particular, the following as time allows:
- Server Management
- Get a list of and copies of the software needed to setup a server from scratch.
- Setup of a XAMPP server on participant laptops (Video: Windows | UbuntuLinux)
- Customizing the PHP.INI file
- Installation of Moodle
- Getting ready for Moodle - Create the database, user account who will access it
- Install Moodle - Copying files to the appropriate location
- Install Moodle - Web installation
- How to do SQL dumps and run simple SQL commands to enhance your reports and solve problems.
- How to use phpMyAdmin, SQLYog and/or Navicat Lite to interact with your database directly for backup purposes or to import data from a CSV file.
- How to optimize your MySQL database
- Managing Multimedia Filters to Allow Embedding of Multimedia Content
- Embedding Video Playlists
- Making RSS Work for You (Part 1 | Part 2)
- Building Photo Galleries
- Taking advantage of Elluminate to facilitate face-to-face virtual learning through Moodle (experimental)
Get Blog Updates via Email!
Everything posted on Miguel Guhlin's blogs/wikis are his personal opinion and do not necessarily represent the views of his employer(s) or its clients. Read Full Disclosure