|Image adapted from Symbian Guru and Moodle logo|
What I wouldn't give to be able to re-locate and work with Julian "Moodleman" Ridden...of course, living in Australia wouldn't be a bad thing either!
Are you passionate about education, eLearning and Open Source? Do you love sharing your passion and knowledge with others? Does the words Moodle or Mahara fill you with a sense of excitement? If you answered yes to these questions then we are looking for you.
Pukunui Technology is a leading official Australian Moodle and Mahara partner. Based in Perth, Pukunui Technology are leaders in educationally focused open source technologies. Through the leveraging of existing systems and the custom development of new code, Pukunui are heavily focused in bringing turnkey integrated education focused solutions to their clients.
With demand for open source at record levels and the demand for experienced eLearning professionals close behind, Pukunui Technology is seeking to employ an experienced and passionate education focused consultant to join their Sydney office to meet this growing demand.
What are we looking for in a Consultant/Trainer?The key to this role will be your in-depth knowledge and practical experience with the Open Source Moodle product. You will be a passionate educator and enjoy spreading this passion with others.
In this diverse role your responsibilities will be wide and challenging. From consulting with our clients in a face-to-face capacity, to assisting in the creation of documentation and finally through the delivery of detailed training programs you will regularly bring your expertise, passion and knowledge to the table.
As an expert in Moodle, you will assist our clients in transitioning to and implementing Moodle to meet their institutional teaching and learning objectives. You will also assist in growing our Moodle business through pre-sales activities such as product demonstrations, presentations and manual/worksheet creation.
Candidates with either an e-learning consulting, practical teaching or strong Moodle and/or Mahara (eportfolio) experience are encouraged to apply. Candidates with experience across the spectrum will be highly regarded.
- 3+ years working with Learning Management Systems such as Moodle and at least 1 year experience with Moodle from a practitioner's perspective
- A good knowledge of the Mahara ePortfolio platform is beneficial but not a requirement.
- Experience delivering effective face-to-face and online training sessions for LMS applications
- Knowledge of e-learning best practice and instructional design techniques
- Proven effective oral and written communication skills
- A strong personal interest in the fields of education, emerging technologies and pedagogical shifts
- Strong interpersonal skills and networking ability
- HSC or equivalent
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (or higher recognised teaching qualification) - BA level preferred but not essential
How to Apply:Email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by no later than Friday 1 April 2011
- Must be an Australian Citizen or have permanent residency / be eligible to live and work in Australia.
Get Blog Updates via Email!
Everything posted on Miguel Guhlin's blogs/wikis are his personal opinion and do not necessarily represent the views of his employer(s) or its clients. Read Full Disclosure