How To Clone iPad Settings And 7 Other FAQs
|Image Source: http://delimiter.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/ipad1.jpg|
Before looking at that tutorial, though, consider the following perspective:
One reply to the statements above included the following:
While "imaging" or "cloning" netbooks is not difficult, as you can see from the response above, it's quite a different story to do the same to an iPad. The question about getting creative with an iPad is also important to consider...I've often heard about the iPad being a strictly consumer device, and yet, when you explore links like the one below, you realize there's more to it than that:
Jennifer shared her approach to doing this in an illustrated tutorial. With her permission, I share the PDF document (get it via GoogleDocs | via Dropbox (link fixed) and the intro email she wrote when she published the document to the Campus Technologists Special Interest Group (TCEA):
What's fun to watch is how folks are adapting the iPad, a consumer device, for use in schools. For example, check out the answers to some frequently asked questions:
- How do you print from an iPad?
- What apps are you using for network administration on an iPad?
Although it's difficult to find these kinds of apps because they are prohibited by Apple, some solutions suggested include logmein and GoToMyPC.
- What do you need to ask prior to iPad implementation at your school?
Check out this blog entry.
- While trying to initialize new iPads, we're stuck at the iTunes section where it asks for a credit card. How can we move past this without a credit card?
Create an Apple ID following these instructions
- How do you deliver a consistent interface to multiple devices--including iPads--regardless of operating system?
Use Ulteo OVD to get the job done.
- What kind of warranty have you purchased with your iPad?
The 1-year warranty.
- How do I handle iPad licensing of apps?
Read this blog entry.
Disclaimer: Miguel doesn't own an iPad or use one at all. He likes Android better. That said, he wouldn't mind sharing his iPad experiences if someone would gift him with one.
Get Blog Updates via Email!
Everything posted on Miguel Guhlin's blogs/wikis are his personal opinion and do not necessarily represent the views of his employer(s) or its clients. Read Full Disclosure