Here's the outline for my upcoming Tinkering with MySQL presentation where I hope to share some of what I've learned:
TCEA2011-Tinkering with MySQL Moodle Databases
Image Source: http://exs.exploratorium.edu/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/tinkering_teaser.png
Overview of MySQL and Queries Possible
- General Settings for a new database:
- How To Create Your Database with...
- Backing up with phpMyAdmin (web-based)
- Backing up with SQL Yog (Windows only)
- Ever find yourself unable to login with your admin password to Moodle? This may mean you need to repair a corrupt Moodle database (see below). It could also mean you forgot your password. To change the admin password, go to a Moodle database for which you know the admin password. Copy the password (usually encrypted). Then, go to the mdl_user table, and find the admin user and replace the contents of the password field with your previously copied password.
- Optimizing Your MySQL Tables
- Turning Moodle Messaging ON/OFF
- Repairing a Corrupt Moodle Database
- Repairing MySQL Database Part 2
- Goofing Around with PHPMyAdmin
Moodle Custom SQL Queries
Other Fun Stuff
Get Blog Updates via Email!
Bookmark this on Delicious
Subscribe to Around the Corner-MGuhlin.org
Everything posted on Miguel Guhlin's blogs/wikis are his personal opinion and do not necessarily represent the views of his employer(s) or its clients. Read Full Disclosure