Now that I've been using SugarSync for a few days, I have some reflections to share. Nothing earth-shattering but....
- The File Manager just gets in the way. On UbuntuLinux, it doesn't work. On Windows and Mac, I don't want to run a program to access my files, I just want to get to them. Yes, a la Dropbox.
- Magic Briefcase doesn't work all that great.
- There's all these arcane things you have to do to get access to SugarSync folder controls to unlink them or whatever.
Advice? Simplify your user interface, SugarSync. You've got a nice thing going but all the file manager garbage just gets in the way of my productivity...and that's bad.
What do I like?
- Lots of space available, especially when friends sign up.
- Your monthly packages are competitive
- I love the passworded folders access via the Web. Nice touch.
- Android works just fine, although I wish I could delete files from there.
- Nice bird icon.
Get Blog Updates via Email!
Everything posted on Miguel Guhlin's blogs/wikis are his personal opinion and do not necessarily represent the views of his employer(s) or its clients. Read Full Disclosure