Another open source course management system....
Upstart Course-Management Provider Goes Open Source - Wired Campus - The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Upstart Course-Management Provider Goes Open Source January 31, 2011, 10:27 pm By Josh Keller
- Instructure, a course-management software company that recently won a large contract in Utah, announced on Tuesday that it would make most of its software platform available for free under an open-source license.
- Josh Coates, Instructure's chief executive, promoted the platform's ease of use and its integration with outside services like Facebook and Google Docs.
- To drive home that point, Instructure released a Web video on Tuesday that spoofs Apple Computer's famous "1984″ advertisement that introduced the Mac. In the new ad, Big Brother is represented by Blackboard in place of IBM.
- Mr. Coates minced no words in describing other competitors, either. Desire2Learn is "Blackboard Jr.," he said; Moodle is "kind of kludgy"; Sakai is "off in left field a little bit."
This message was sent to you by mguhlin via Diigo