We are going to have to do a presentation on Cyberbullying after a bogus Facebook page appeared. Anyone have any resources?
National CyberSecurity Awareness Month (NCSAM)! That fact--not to mention recent events in the news about cybersafety and digital citizenship--make it a perfect opportunity to discuss what your school or school district is doing to enhance awareness.
CyberSecurity Awareness encompasses a variety of topics, but technology directors recently shared resources regarding CyberSafety and Digital Citizenship. Here are some links to the web site:
Here are there are responses to the query at the top of this blog entry:
- We were in an audio conference with Walsh Anderson Attorneys at Law, and they reminded us that in 2009, the Texas Legislature added 33.07 to the Penal Code which makes it a third degree felony to use the name or persona of another to create a web page or to post messages on social networking sites absent the person's consent and with the intent to harm, defraud, intimidate or threaten another. That law also creates the possibility of a Class A misdemeanor charge where a person sends an email, instant message, or text message, referencing the name, domain address, phone number, or identifying information of another person without consent and with the intent to harm or defraud.
- Education Service Center, Region IV wiki about Internet Safety including cyberbullying.
- Spurger ISD's Facebook Policy
- Stephen Heppel's Facebook Resources
- San Antonio ISD's CyberSafety/Digital Citizenship Resources
Disclosure: This is my school district. The work is headed up by one my team members, Stephanie Correa (firstname.lastname@example.org), Technology Integration Facilitator.
- Ronnie Gonzalez, Navasota ISD's Delicious links:http://www.delicious.com/network/ronniegonzalez/cyberbullying?page=1
- Judson ISD's Internet Safety
- Bridge City ISD CyberSafety Resources
- Julie Lindsay's CyberBullying Presentation
- Resources in Spanish
- Ysleta ISD's CyberSafety Initiative
Here are a few other resources I highlighted in a previous blog entry on using Moodle to facilitate CyberSafety resource sharing and conversations.
Lewisville ISD Moodle:
Bookmark this on Delicious
Subscribe to Around the Corner-MGuhlin.org
Everything posted on Miguel Guhlin's blogs/wikis are his personal opinion and do not necessarily represent the views of his employer(s) or its clients. Read Full Disclosure