The answer was a tough one, and I found myself searching the Web for the right combination of tools. Below is the list I came up with, some of it with feedback from folks.
1) Desktop applications that have ActivSync support:
- Apple Mail on Macintosh has ActiveSync support. This is free.
- MS Office 2011 (includes Outlook) for Mac due out October 26, 2010. This isn't free. Sigh.
- MS Outlook 2007. Not free.
Some solutions that just won't work include the following:
- Entourage 2008 on Macs
- Evolution on GNU/Linux
- Java-based DAVMail -Is Exchange 2010 supported ?As Microsoft decided to drop WebDav support in Exchange 2010, I had to implement a new backend from scratch to support the new Exchange Web Services interface. This support is still experimental, but is working quite well. However, you still need to enable it manually in .davmail.properties with the following line:
2) iPod Touch: ActivSync Support on the iPod Touch and presumably iPhone works just fine with OS 4.1 installed
3) Android Phones: Nitrodesk's Touchdown and Moxie enjoy ActivSync support, although Dataviz's RoadSync does not (I own it, bummer). Reports are that the default Mail on Android work fine.
Links to apps mentioned here - http://bit.ly/aXlPlf
Subscribe to Around the Corner-MGuhlin.org
Everything posted on Miguel Guhlin's blogs/wikis are his personal opinion and do not necessarily represent the views of his employer(s) or its clients. Read Full Disclosure