Thanks to B_Wagoner, as well as others, you can track Schmoker via Twitter. Here's B_Wagoner and #Schmoker search term, while here's the more general #Schmoker hashtag search. Wagoner shares that this will be audio-recorded and shared online. I hope she'll share the link soon!
Some tidbits that jump out at me:
- Any teacher, any time has a short list of things they want to improve upon.
- Senge: More than two goals is the same as none at all. [What district level dept doesn't run afoul of this one?)
- Schmoker is making a strong case for high quality writing instruction.
- Traditional strategic planning sucks organizations into superficial, time consuming efforts.
- Replace improvement planning with team-based efforts to improve what and how we teach.
- Critical for college success: analytical reading and discussion; persuasive writing. To support this, have students read with a question in mind and a pencil in hand.
Bookmark this on Delicious
Subscribe to Around the Corner-MGuhlin.org
Everything posted on Miguel Guhlin's blogs/wikis are his personal opinion and do not necessarily represent the views of his employer(s) or its clients. Read Full Disclosure