Tools for Making Quick Videos
Looking for some quick ways to craft videos? These tools are all wonderful and can help you put together a video quickly:
- Mobile Apps
Combine your mobile device (e.g. iOS/Android phone/tablet) with an inexpensive tripod (duct tape works, too!) and use one of the following apps:
- YouTube Capture (iOS only): This phenomenal app allows you to quickly record video, save it straight to YouTube. You can do simple annotations/edits with the app.
- Shadow Puppet EDU (iOS only): Combine pictures, video and sound in this app to create a great video you can save to YouTube.
Screencasting often involves recording your screen. Most screencasting tools will allow you to capture you in a small preview window, enabling you to record your screen while picturing you.
- Nimbus Screenshot and Screencast: Similar to Screencastify but free.
Bonus Tips: Take advantage of Green Screen tools to kick your video up a notch!
- iOS Device handy? Take advantage of the Do Ink Green Screen app ($2.99) and a $1.00 Family Dollar green table cloth to put yourself into the screen.
- Windows 10 device? Use The Simple Green Screen app.
Everything posted on Miguel Guhlin's blogs/wikis are his personal opinion and do not necessarily represent the views of his employer(s) or its clients. Read Full Disclosure