MyNotes: Identity Crisis and Account Management #tceasysadmin
|Left to Right: Miguel Guhlin, Virgil Kirk|
Earlier today, Virgil Kirk and I had the opportunity to share our district's journey in solving a wicked problem--user account management and user provisioning. Whew, it was a big room!
Identity Crisis: Managing User Accounts
If you don't know how to effectively manage user accounts, you'll find yourself wasting your time and generating confusion. Find out how one district has moved from chaos to order and learned to manage Active Directory, GoogleApps, and a multitude of other data sources for user account management. Participants will walk away with a roadmap of suggestions and practical tips, as well as solutions that point the way to success with identity management tools.
Identity Management in Education
- Articles on the Subject
- The Texas Digital Textbook Data Nightmare - In this engaging comprehensive primer, featuring quotes from Texas school districts, Miguel explores the problem and solutions available. This is a great intro for those struggling with vague notions of what is happening (or not) in regards to data integration.
- Data-Driven School Districts Experience Growing Pains - In this "pictures of the problem"-rich article, Miguel shares his journey to find a solution, including job descriptions and expectations.
- To the Rescue - @Clever in Texas Schools? - Want to use Clever to in place of or to complement your existing user provisioning solution? Read this article to get answers to key questions!
- MyNotes: ClassLink for Rostering - My notes on ClassLink's connection to OneRoster.org, a presentation shared at the TCEASysAdmin.
- Potential Vendor Partners
- Identity Automation
- View list of Texas School Districts using product
- Contact Info: EST Group ((817) 271-3178) + Identity Automation ((281) 220-0021); Primary Contacts areMark Hanna and Tim Till (email@example.com), respectively.
- Videos: Watch Intro Video | School Case Study
- Tools4Ever's UMRA (Watch intro video)
- Watch Intro Video | 1-Hour Video Overview
- ESC-11 Information Page
- TxCTO Presentation
- Encore Comparison to other SSO Solutions
- Encore Value Statement
- Encore vs Clever Comparison
- Rostering Solutions & Single Sign-On
- District Links
Here is the feedback shared via the Today's Meet:
Everything posted on Miguel Guhlin's blogs/wikis are his personal opinion and do not necessarily represent the views of his employer(s) or its clients. Read Full Disclosure