Simple Image Resizing/Editing
What program (FREE) do you recommend for teachers to use to just do minimal editing of photos for their websites? Mainly I want them to reduce the file size of the photo.
- Microsoft Picture Manger comes with MS office and its great and simple and has great compression… ( I am a Photoshop nut but this one my mom can use)
- If you still have licenses for Office XP or so, I do think Microsoft Photo Editor is very easy to use, and was distributed with the older versions of Office. Microsoft Office Picture Manager can "shrink" multiple photos at once, but is not quite as easy for novices.
- Microsoft Photo Editor can be installed without the other older Office products, I believe, although it's been a while since I fiddled with it.
You might try this right-click image resizer (free open source):
Image Resizer for Windows is a utility that lets you resize one or more selected image files directly from Windows Explorer by right-clicking. You don't even have to open a program, just right-click.
Other editors, like these below, provide nice alternatives:
What would your recommendation be?
- Irfanview - http://www.irfanview.com/
- THE GIMP - http://www.gimp.org/windows/
- Google Picasa desktop app (this is like using a mallet to swat a fly, IMHO)
Get Blog Updates via Email!
Everything posted on Miguel Guhlin's blogs/wikis are his personal opinion and do not necessarily represent the views of his employer(s) or its clients. Read Full Disclosure