#Moodle Administration Workshop
During the month of May, I'll be facilitating a Moodle administration course. The preliminary agenda, which appears at MoodleMayhem.org, is copied below. What topics would you add to a busy, 6 hour class for a small, fast-moving group?
Facilitate discussion of the use of htdocs, folder permissions.
How to make backups of your Moodle instance
How to duplicate your Moodle instance to create new Moodles quickly and with existing permissions
Modifying session cookies to keep Moodle instances apart when installed on a single server.
Selecting and Adding Moodle themes, modules, blocks (Video: Part 1 | Part 2)
How to modify the Config.php file in your Moodle instance
How to Setup Cron Jobs to automate work on your Moodle.
Playing with Fire - Interacting with MySQL Databases
Dealing with Modules and More
About this Workshop
In this information-rich session guaranteed to cause migraines and make knees knock, participants will accomplish the setup of a Moodle instance--from scratch on their laptops--from scratch using XAMPP, learn how to customize a locally installed Moodle instance, and more.
One of the resources I'm going to work hard to add is videos on how to install Apache, MySQL/PHP on UbuntuLinux. Anyone aware of an easy guide to follow? Installing XAMPP on UbuntuLinux isn't that hard, but....
This session will explore, in particular, the following as time allows:
- Server Management
- Get a list of and copies of the software needed to setup a server from scratch.
- Setup of a XAMPP server on participant laptops (Video: Windows | UbuntuLinux)
- Customizing the PHP.INI file
- Installation of Moodle
- Getting ready for Moodle - Create the database, user account who will access it
- Install Moodle - Copying files to the appropriate location
- Install Moodle - Web installation
- How to do SQL dumps and run simple SQL commands to enhance your reports and solve problems.
- How to use phpMyAdmin, SQLYog and/or Navicat Lite to interact with your database directly for backup purposes or to import data from a CSV file.
- How to optimize your MySQL database
- Managing Multimedia Filters to Allow Embedding of Multimedia Content
- Embedding Video Playlists
- Making RSS Work for You (Part 1 | Part 2)
- Building Photo Galleries
- Taking advantage of Elluminate to facilitate face-to-face virtual learning through Moodle (experimental)
Get Blog Updates via Email!
Everything posted on Miguel Guhlin's blogs/wikis are his personal opinion and do not necessarily represent the views of his employer(s) or its clients. Read Full Disclosure