New FREE Conference - speaks VOLumes @txvsn #onlinelearning #edchat #elearning
Kudos to the Texas Virtual School Network (TxVSN) for sharing this NO COST professional learning opportunity! Check out the information below:
speaks VOLumes 2011 features nationally recognized keynote speakers, an exciting interactive format, and a truly global program. The conference is sponsored by the Texas Virtual School Network (TxVSN).
The speaks VOLumes conference is a blended format, with presentations being provided via the Internet and/or face-to-face at Harris County Department of Education in Houston, TX. Forget about the costs and hassles of travel!
There is no cost to participate in these 4 days. Yes, you read that correctly, it is FREE! Register now at: http://pd.txvsn.org/mod/data/view.php?id=1668
Each day will feature live online presentations by keynote speakers and guest presenter during which you interact with presenters and peers All sessions will be recorded and posted immediately for those who cannot attend live.
PRESENTBeing TxVSN participants, we would like to invite you to be a guest presenter. We are looking for 45 minutes Webinar presentations. We would be very honored to have you speak and I know it would be of extreme interest to our participants. Share the experience you have in online learning. We will be using Elluminate Live as our Webinar program and will provide basic training on how to use it along with a facilitator during your presentation.
KEYNOTES· Steve Midgley, Deputy Director of the Office of Educational Technology at the U.S. Department of Education
· Michael Horn, coauthor of Disrupting Class: How Disruptive Innovation Will Change the Way the World Learns (McGraw-Hill: June 2008
· Myn Garn, Director of Educational Technology for the Southern Regional Education Board (SREB)
· Wesley Fryer, executive director of the nonprofit Story Chasers Inc., the lead partner in the Celebrate Oklahoma Voices and Celebrate Kansas Voices digital storytelling projects.
· Curtis Bonk, president and founder of CourseShare, LLC and founder and former president of SurveyShare, Inc.
· Cory Plough, online instructor for six years in Las Vegas, Nevada, where online curriculum is mixed with face to face mentoring
· Claire de la Varre, MSIS, UNC-Chapel Hill Graduate Research Assistant National Research Center on Rural Education Support
VOLUNTEERWould you like to help our conference and volunteer as a presentation facilitator. All that is required is for you to come and show off your great personality! All necessary presentation setups will be done for you.
For more information visit: http://pd.txvsn.org/mod/data/view.php?id=1428
For more information visit: http://pd.txvsn.org/course/view.php?id=32
speaks VOLumes 2011 promises to deliver with timely topics and engaging speakers sure to have an immediate impact on the work you do every day. We look forward to seeing you!
Get Blog Updates via Email!
Everything posted on Miguel Guhlin's blogs/wikis are his personal opinion and do not necessarily represent the views of his employer(s) or its clients. Read Full Disclosure