That said, powerful learning can happen when you're reading tweets from conferences, albeit it, in reverse. If this were a Plurked conversation, you could follow the thread. In Twitter, I feel like Merlin, living my life backwards through time.
Here are some of my take-aways from tweets with the Twitter hashtag of #tltechforum for the TechForum Southwest event
- "Empower the kids. It's their education. It's their world." -Chris Lehmann
- Technology should be like oxygen - ubiquitous, necessary and invisible.
- You can't transform a child's life without changing yourself.
- Be willing to be transformed. We have so much left to learn.
- Problematize everything. What is the worst consequence of your best idea?
- The best tools are the ones that move us forward together.
- You can control or support. I choose support!
- Where in your schedule do you care about kids?
- What you want for kids you must want for your teachers.
- Open your doors. Transparency starts with us.
- Where in your schedule provides time to care and talk to kids?
- Ideas must live in practice. Build systems and structures that reflect your vision.
- Be humbled by the task and be skeptical of those who aren't.
- kids should be authentic voices in the world.
- No one is coming to save us. We must organize.
- When was the last time you took kids to a pencil lab?
- Project based learning has the project itself as the pinnacle of evidence of learning.
- School is not preparation for real life, it should be real life.
- We teach children, not subjects."
- Caring institutions teach kids, not subjects.
- "Let' s stop delivering instruction. LET'S TEACH"
- What we SAY we will do, we SHOULD do....What does your mission statement say?
- What are we willing to unlearn and relearn?
- Are educators willing to unlearn and relearn? Are educator's skills still relevant for today's students?
- We learn best when it matters to us...Chris Lehmann
- Have you learned powerfully lately?
- "No one can hold me more accountable than I hold myself responsible."
- Bring the community into your school to help in educating our kids.
- 'Why do we have so many amazing, passionate, dedicated educators but yet still have so many problems?"
- Teachers who say I don't know why they didn't get it, I taught it. It isn't my job.......Chris Lehman..Uh Yeah it is!
- Have you heard "We need to create a workforce"? Tell them to go to hell. It's our job to create citizenry.
- Parents send us the best of themselves every day. Chris Lehmann
- Public education = democracy
Bookmark this on Delicious Subscribe to Around the Corner-MGuhlin.org
Everything posted on Miguel Guhlin's blogs/wikis are his personal opinion and do not necessarily represent the views of his employer(s) or its clients. Read Full Disclosure