Anticipating #Moodle 2.0 - First Look Book Review
Over the next few days, I'll be sharing my insights into Moodle 2.0 First Look by Mary "moodlefairy" Cooch, published by Packt Publishing. While a part of me is looking forward to reading a book authored by Mary, another part of me is dreading the transition from Moodle 1.9 to Moodle 2.0.
As a result, here's what I'm hoping Mary's book will do for me:
- Convince me that Moodle 2.0 upgrade is REALLY worth the effort and time.
- Alleviate my fears that this just isn't change for change.
- Enchant me with it's awesomeness, just like Mary's previous book, "Moodle 1.9: Teaching 7-14 Year Olds," did for me earlier.
Those are pretty simple goals. Since it's turned out to be a busy Fall, I'm going to read the book a bit at a time and then share my feedback in pieces. Some reflections about this review process that I want to share with you:
- This is the first book review I've done of an electronic book (ebook) on my Nook. Thanks to Packt Publishing for being so kind as to send me an electronic version! Getting an ebook is a relief since I have--and I'm not joking--a stack of Moodle books on my desk that's killing me for storage space. I'll have to beg and see if they'd be kind enough to let me have their other titles in ebook format.
- Like other book reviews, I received a complimentary copy of the book from Packt Publishing. This doesn't guarantee a positive review, but does make it more likely I will review it.
- I'm going to break up my reviews into different blog entries, trying to match up to chapters of Moodle 2.0
- The publisher shared this link for blog visitors to use when checking out the book on their own...so, make sure you click this link a lot knowing that it won't make a difference to me, but helps the Packt Publishing folks know where folks are coming from who are interested in their books.
That said, let's get cracking!
- Preface and Chapter 1
- Chapters 2 and 3 - Dockable Blocks, New Editor Toolbar, and More
- Chapter 4 - Add a Resource
- Chapter 5 - Adding Activities
- Chapter 6 - Learning Paths
Bookmark this on Delicious
Subscribe to Around the Corner-MGuhlin.org
Everything posted on Miguel Guhlin's blogs/wikis are his personal opinion and do not necessarily represent the views of his employer(s) or its clients. Read Full Disclosure