Unfortunately, there are going to be a LOT more people in the room than we counted on--150+. Wow. Here's how the PBL enhanced lesson works:
- Introduce folks to the Problem via a video, a scenario they read or have read to them.
- Share that to solve the problem, we're going to go through a few steps.
- Hunches - In large group, ask participants to share their guesses about what's happening in the scenario.
- Identify What We Know - Focus on identifying--in the text--what we actually know about what's happening.
- Identify What We Need to Know - Identify what we need to know to help them solve this problem.
- Take the questions formulated in Step 3 and prioritize them according to importance.
- Identify stakeholders and then divide large group into stakeholders to respond to questions that are stakeholder specific.
- Stakeholder groups develop solution from their unique perspective, then share back with the group.
Check out Miguel's Workshop Materials online at http://mglearns.wikispaces.com